Types of Sit N Go Tournament
You’ll find that there is a good variation of sit n go tournaments available at most US friendly online poker rooms, and although they may differ in some ways, the basics will remain the same. You will find exceptions to the rules below, but it is a good guide and the slight variations that you may see in some rooms provide you with no major issues. You may even find that many tournaments are the same, however are called different names in different rooms, and some rooms will offer time based sit n gos and hand based sit n gos too. Upon signing up to your room or rooms of choice then finding out exactly what’s available is easy, and all will be listed in the lobby. The 3 most common types of sit n go tournament are...
- Heads Up - 2 players head to head from the off.
- STT or Single Table Tournaments - These may range from 4, 6, 9 and 10 players at a single table and most rooms will provide all of these.
- MTT or Multi Table Tournaments - These are played on many tables depending on the amount of players allowed entry in each and they are generally offered as 12, 18, 27, 45, 90 and 180 seat tournaments, with of course the relevant number of tables.
Tournament VariationsAs mentioned, each room will differ however the most common variations will be the same in all, if not very similar. Starting with a standard blind set up, tables will increase in blind levels with turbo and super turbo. Turbo sit n gos will usually have blind levels of around 3-5 minutes long and super turbos can be anything from under 3 minutes. Hyper turbo levels will increase extremely quickly, and many sit n go players avoid these type of tables. Different types of tournaments will also offer different stack starting sizes too with standard being around 1,500 to 2,000, and turbo, super turbo and hyper anything as low as 500 starting chips. You will also find deep stack tournaments in which players will start with around 3,000 to 5,000 chips. Other variations include Double or Nothing tournaments in which half of the field will take a prize and knockouts and bounty tournaments in which a cash prize is placed on players heads, and won when you eliminate them from the tournament.
Sit n Go Stake LevelsYou will find a huge amount of stake levels when you begin playing online sit n go tournaments and these will start at micro stakes of as low as $0.06 and rise as high as $2,000. Many sit n go players when starting out will start around the $3 - $5 level and test the water, as a huge starting bankroll is not required and the skill levels at the tables is not too high.
- The Americas Cardroom Depositors Freeroll October 15, 2020
- Americas Cardroom 15 Days of Free Christmas Cash December 6, 2020
- The Carbon Mobile Poker Accolades June 30, 2020
- Sit and Crush at Americas Cardroom October 30, 2019
- Carbon Mobile Poker June 30, 2020
- The Return of the Carbon Poker Chip King October 15, 2020
- The BetOnline Extreme Winter Sit n Go Carnival October 30, 2019
- Carbon Poker Sit n Go Leaderboards October 30, 2019
- Carbon Poker Sit n Go Boost Promotion October 30, 2019
- The Weekly $5,000 PTS Freeroll at Bovada October 30, 2019